Updated: Jul 6
Join us for a cruise industry panel discussion on how the industry is meeting the unprecedented challenges presented by the Covid-19 virus. Panelists from ABB, DNV-GL and RCCL will be on hand to discuss and answer questions.
Available to view : Here
Anders Aasen, Vice President of Global Marine Operation, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Teemu Pajala,Marine and Ports Technical Manager, Americas,ABB
Captain Jan Solum, Director and Area Manager,DNV GL Cruise Center
Myra Shannon-Fuller, Communications Manager Americas,DNV-GL Maritime
Topics to cover:
· Technical tools developed to assess, monitor and respond to incidents.
· The use of remote surveys and audits
· New technology developed to enhance the safety on board (air filtration systems, etc...)
· Remote diagnostics and condition monitoring
· Digitalization (virtual and augmented reality glasses, cameras and screens – is it feasible)
· New procedures implemented to help ensure passenger safety
· Future outlook: phased roll outs
· Shared power plant